Review: Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner

A sexy cat eye for a night out on the town is one of my favourite go-to looks for the evening. Now I'm not going to lie, I have shaky hands so liquid eyeliner usually isn't my first go-to product when I'm putting on my make-up, but I figured that I would try out Rimmel's Glam'Eyes Professional Liquid Liner, $8.

This liner is available in 4 shades including green, plum, silver and black. I always prefer using liquid liners for more intense evening looks so I purchased it in black, but if you like using liquid liner for a daily make-up routine the plum was also really pretty.

Now for the liner itself, I love that the applicator wand is long and the brush really puts a concentrated amount on your lash line with just one stroke. The colour comes on very intense (again, not something I would wear on the daily but great for a night out) and I love that you can get a precise line with one simple application.

A close up of my liquid liner application - not bad for someone with really shaky hands ;) This is a great liquid liner for beginners.

The liner itself was very smudge-proof but keep in mind that I always am sure to apply an eyeshadow primer - if you don't use an eyeshadow primer go buy one now (seriously!) It's probably one of the best eye make-up products you can get as it absorbs the oil from your eyelids and ensures that your eyeshadow and eyeliner stay intact all day long. Personal eyeshadow primer favourites of mine include MAC's Painterly Paint Pot, $18.50 and NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil, $4.50 in Milk.

Here's my make-up look for the evening complete with my winged eyeliner:

I'm wearing Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream in FairSmashbox's Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer in FairShiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in Carnation, NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, an assortment of brown and white eyeshadows from Coastal Scents' Warm Palette, Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black and Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner in Glamour Black.

As for the negatives, Glam'Eyes comes with a brush applicator but I'm a bigger fan of felt tip applicators as my hands are shaky (keep your pencil liner on standby to clean up any messy lines).

I also found that it took a rather long time for it to dry completely but this con is outweighed by the intense black colour you get from just one application. If you're really in a rush to head out the door, apply a pencil liner over the wet parts, absorb the excess liquid with a Q-tip or stand in front of a fan/hair dryer to speed up the drying process.

It would be great if Rimmel offered this product as a waterproof option, but the non-waterproof liner still does a great job of not sweating off if you apply an eyeshadow primer.

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Knowledgeable on all things pop culture, I am a city girl at heart completely in love with the urban lifestyle and everything that comes with it. Currently battling a serious make-up addiction, my other guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip, chick flicks and extremely Americanized Chinese food. A PR girl by day, at night you’ll usually find me cruising the aisles at Sephora or wandering around the city trying out the newest restaurants.

Quote of the Day

“The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”

Coco Chanel

About evocativ allure

evocativ allure is your go-to beauty blog for make-up and hair tutorials and beauty product reviews.

Please note that all opinions are my own.

Contact: amanda.n.michalik[at]gmail.com