5 Primers That Make Your Eye Make-Up Last


As I mentioned in my last post, the key to long lasting eyeshadow and eye make-up is simple: eyeshadow primer. 

After a long day spent running around, hitting the gym and touching and rubbing my eyes a little more than I like to admit, primer has always ensured that my eye make-up stays almost completely intact throughout the day.

The Basics


A primer is a cream/base that you apply before putting on another cosmetic. It improves coverage and will increase the amount of time a cosmetic will last. For the most part primers are readily available for the eyelids, face, lips and lashes. Eye primers should be applied all over the lid and near the lower lash line for optimal coverage.


Why Use Eye Primers?


Eyeshadow primers increase the longevity of your eye make-up by reducing oiliness and preventing creasing. Other bonus features include evening out the colour of your eyelids (see ya later eyelid veins!), making your eyeshadow colours pop, and either adding shimmer or mattifying your look depending on which primer you choose. 


My Top Picks




Say goodbye to creasing with Urban Decay Primer Potion, $20. This primer is available in 4 different shades but my favourite shade is Eden (when it dries you'll get a nude, matte finish). This primer is perfect for  those hooded, oily eyelids that tend to crease eyeshadows. 




Tattoo your eye make-up on with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, $29. I love love love NARS products - this eyeshadow primer is expensive but it's so worth it. Equipped with a wand for easy application, my eye make-up doesn't budge or fade and looks vibrant all day long.





A little goes a long way with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, $20.  Creamy and blendable, this primer is great for a day or night time look. One tiny drop of this primer will cover your entire lid and blend into your skin without looking chalky or obvious.



Get the best matte shadow look with MAC Paint Pot, $18.50. This was the very first eye primer I tried and I'm still in love with it to this day. This primer in the Painterly shade is my go-to for my everyday matte eyeshadow look.




Make your eyeshadow pop with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, $4.50. NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is my favourite base for creating an intense smokey eye for a night out on the town. Long lasting and creamy, I always get compliments on my eye makeup whenever I use this primer.

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Knowledgeable on all things pop culture, I am a city girl at heart completely in love with the urban lifestyle and everything that comes with it. Currently battling a serious make-up addiction, my other guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip, chick flicks and extremely Americanized Chinese food. A PR girl by day, at night you’ll usually find me cruising the aisles at Sephora or wandering around the city trying out the newest restaurants.

Quote of the Day

“The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”

Coco Chanel

About evocativ allure

evocativ allure is your go-to beauty blog for make-up and hair tutorials and beauty product reviews.

Please note that all opinions are my own.

Contact: amanda.n.michalik[at]gmail.com