Oil Free Make-Up Essentials

If you’re prone to acne and blemishes, oil free make-up can really make a world of difference when it comes to bettering your complexion. This is because oil free make-up doesn’t clog your pores (FYI clogged pores = blackheads, whiteheads and the dreaded pimple).

I always recommend oil free make-up to friends who are not only acne prone but also to friends who have sensitive and/or oily skin in general. I suffer from oily skin so I tend to look shiny 24/7 unless I’ve used an oil free BB cream and finished it off with a matte powder. 

Oil free make-up is just as good as staying on as the other stuff is, I promise. It won’t sweat off or fade away any differently than the oil based products would.

Here are some oil free products I like to use to mattify my face and keep my pores unclogged:

This is an affordable and efficient way to keep your skin from looking greasy during the day. Better than paper blotters, these sheets are more rubbery and absorb more of the oil, leaving your skin fresh and dewy. I keep a pack of these in my purse for touch ups throughout the day.

Not only are these great for travelling, but these wipes sweep away all of your make-up, dirt and oil without leaving a greasy residue. I use these to take off both my eye make-up and foundation before getting ready for bed.



I don’t usually wear foundation, but when I do I’ll always reach for this one. This foundation absorbs shine, controls oil and resists sweat so your skin will say matte for the entire day. Bonus: it blends really well and looks super natural.



This product is oil free and the final touch I use to get a flawless looking face. This lightweight translucent powder sets your make-up perfectly and takes away the shine to mattify an oily face without looking cakey.


xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Knowledgeable on all things pop culture, I am a city girl at heart completely in love with the urban lifestyle and everything that comes with it. Currently battling a serious make-up addiction, my other guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip, chick flicks and extremely Americanized Chinese food. A PR girl by day, at night you’ll usually find me cruising the aisles at Sephora or wandering around the city trying out the newest restaurants.

Quote of the Day

“The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”

Coco Chanel

About evocativ allure

evocativ allure is your go-to beauty blog for make-up and hair tutorials and beauty product reviews.

Please note that all opinions are my own.

Contact: amanda.n.michalik[at]gmail.com